Monday, September 5, 2011

1. Start a new blog

So one thing is already crossed off the list -- I have started a new blog. I'm not new to blogging. I've had a blog but have been contemplating starting a new one for awhile.

Why? I enjoy writing but I feel like my skills have been languishing for awhile. Also I need a creative outlet. And well, it just might be fun.

I think focus is really important for a blog. Instead of just blogging about random crap like my commute and how cranky I was that day, why not make a real project out of it? I like the idea of a seasonal blog. This way the blog can not become a daily chore that drags on for years. I see this blog as like a chapter in a book. It's a chronicle of one time period in my life.

I'll make it a goal to post twice a week through May. Hopefully it will be entertaining and a few people will read it. If no one reads it, at least it will be there for me to look back on and I can laugh at my 29-year-old self.

I can hear my 40-year-old self laughing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment